Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekend Photo Journal: The Rappahannock Farm Tour & Historic Occoquan

Because this is the season for fairs, farm tours, and trips to Mt. Washington (among other things), I will be devoting the next few Mondays to photo blogs of my weekend adventures. Up today? Some more pictures of my soon-to-be home in Rappahannock County, VA, and some additional shots of an attraction that's a bit closer to my current abode. Click below for more!





This past Saturday, I started my weekend by going on the annual Rappahannock County Farm Tour. I figured this particular event would be a wonderful opportunity to get more acquainted with the area


I started my tour over on the southwestern side of the county at the Belle Meade School & Farm, where I was greeted by a student leader who seemed to be a nice, centered young gentleman.


Belle Meade looks like a great place to go to school. I know I would've been happier in high school if I'd been able to enjoy views like this.


I was also more than satisfied with the home-cooked lunch the Belle Meade volunteers were offering to visitors. Their BBQ pulled pork sandwich in particular was quite tasty!




In Little Washington, I visited with a lady who'd opened up her personal gardens to the public. Thanks to her, I've actually developed an interest in raised-bed gardening -- which, for me, has the potential to be a lot more accessible.


My next stop was Lee's Orchard on Route 211. Of course, before I went out to pick some apples, I had to take yet another picture of the view.


I couldn't explore the orchard for as long as I would've liked because I was starting to feel heat exhausted, but I still managed to collect a gallon's worth of apples. Yum!


My final stop was at Crowfoot Farm in Amissville, where I visited with folks who will be my future neighbors -- and numerous farm yard animals.






On Sunday, meanwhile, I decided to visit historic downtown Occoquan to check out the Arts & Crafts Show, eat some funnel cake, drink some old-fashioned orange cream soda, and enjoy the riverfront.






Coming up next Monday: The State Fair of Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment