Monday, August 21, 2017

The Great American Eclipse! (Updates)

Apologies for failing to post this weekend, but I was caught in this:


I-85 wasn't too bad, but I-95 in Virginia was an absolute disaster, turning what is usually a seven or eight hour trip into eleven hours of pain.

It was worth it, though. I'm now well-situated at the Anderson Road branch of the Greenville County Public Library after an amusing breakfast at the local Waffle House, where the cook jokingly regaled us with warnings about alien warp gates, zombies, and - after a reminder from me - a return of the subterranean lizard people.

Currently, it is 1:45 PM EDT, and the partial phase has started. Stay tuned for an update once we've hit totality!

Edit 1, 1:55 PM: The librarian here is fielding dozens upon dozens of inquiries regarding eclipse glasses, and there are none to be had. As a matter of fact, the madness for glasses is so high right now that I just made a few bucks selling my extras. Thank God I planned for this months ago!

Edit 2, 2:50 PM: Totality has come and gone amidst much cheering!

Here is the library parking lot before totality:


And here is that same parking lot during totality:


Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment