Monday, September 5, 2016

The Dragon Awards

So -- the winners of the Dragon Awards were announced yesterday afternoon. I wish I could've been there to watch the ceremony, but, alas, I'm not made of money and can't take two long vacations in the same month (or even in the same year, let's be frank).

The winners in the literary categories included:

Best Science Fiction Novel
Somewhither: A Tale of the Unwithering Realm by John C. Wright

Best Fantasy Novel
Son of the Black Sword by Larry Correia

Best Young Adult/Middle Grade Novel
The Shepherd’s Crown by Terry Pratchett

Best Military Science Fiction or Fantasy Novel
Hell’s Foundations Quiver by David Weber

Best Alternate History Novel
League of Dragons by Naomi Novik

Best Apocalyptic Novel
Ctrl Alt Revolt! by Nick Cole

Best Horror Novel
Souldancer by Brian Niemeier

Not all of these were my personal choices - I wanted Chuck Gannon to win in the science fiction category, for example - but overall, it looks like a pretty solid list.

Also? The award design is freakin' awesome. (Picture taken by Matthew Bowman.)

Can't wait to vote again in 2017!

1 comment:

  1. Not everyone I voted for one either, but I can't say the winners were undeserving. The fact that the process was straight forward, transparent, and without drama also helped. It's nice to just be able to have fun.

    ReplyDelete