Sunday, September 24, 2017

In Which Bill Kristol Shows He's Tone-Deaf...

...and I go a little crazy on Twitter.

I woke up with a fever this morning, so I've been stuck at home all day spending far too much time on the internet. Seriously - a day on the net is crazy-making. I don't recommend it.

At any rate, as I was scrolling through my Twitter feed early this evening, I stumbled across the following:
"I'm confident we'll contain & transcend Trump. But the damage Trump's now doing to our national comity & civic fabric is genuinely alarming." - Bill Kristol
I'm not sure which country Kristol has been living in over the past few years -- but it sure as hell must be somewhere else because from where I sit, the damage to our national comity and civic fabric started well before the election of 2016. I replied:
"I'm sorry, sirs, but Trump is a symptom, not the source. I was too. However..."
"... I still recognize that the bullying of the social justice left destroyed the comity of this nation long before Trump took the stage. 2/2"
And then I guess I was activated, because I kept going:

Why people are upset about athletes kneeling during the anthem: A thread

Jesus Christ, "principled conservatives": Take a page from Salena Zito's book and try to understand where Trump's base is coming from with this. My face can't take another palming.

1 comment:

  1. Trump's not getting any foolball (typo...but I like it) players fired. The lack of paying customers, however, very well may.

    ReplyDelete